New National Minimum Wage Rates
The government has announced new National Minimum and National Living Wage rates that are due to be introduced from 1 April 2020. The National Living Wage for over-25s is to rise from £8.15 to £8.72 per hour from April 2020.
Of some concern for salon owners are the increases announced in National Minimum Wage rates, as recommended by the Low Pay Commission, these include the biggest increase in National Minimum Wage rates for a decade.
The new rates that come into force from 1 April 2020 are as follows:
- £8.72 per hour – 25 years old and over
- £8.20 per hour – 21-24 years old
- £6.45 per hour – 18-20 years old
- £4.55 per hour – 16-17 years old
- £4.15 for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over who are in the first year of apprenticeship.
If you need more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0131 476 7100