Chancellor Philip Hammond has announced new National Minimum and National Living Wage rates will be introduced on 1 April 2019. The National Living Wage for over-25s is to rise by 4.9% from £7.83 to £8.21 per hour from April 2018.
Of some concern for salon and barbershop owners are the increases announced in National Minimum Wage rates, as recommended by the Low Pay Commission, including the biggest increase in youth rates for a decade.
The new rates that come into force from 1 April 2019 are as follows:
- £8.21 per hour – 25 years old and over
- £7.70 per hour – 21-24 years old
- £6.15 per hour – 18-20 years old
- £4.35 per hour – 16-17 years old
- £3.80 for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over who are in the first year of apprenticeship.
If you need more information about the NMW, please contact William Howarth at firstname.lastname@example.org